Corporate to Creative: Discover Your True Voice
Date: 4/4/18 – 5/2/18
Class Level: Open to All Levels
Genre: Creative Nonfiction
• Regular: $80.00
• Member: $72.00
I want to write, BUT...
- I'm not creative.
- I write for work, but it's boring.
- I don't know what to write or how to get started.
Cue crumpled paper in a corner (or half-finished Word drafts, empty Moleskine notebooks, Google drafts, notes filed in Evernote). Your stories never seeing the light of day. When I first tried to write from my heart rather than my head, I ended up with dictionary entries. Boring. Bland. Not the words I wanted. Not words anyone cared to read. Years of churning out government reports (nothing says BORING quicker than an army standard operating procedure on vehicle maintenance, cue *yawn*), dulled my creative edge.
But there's hope. There's a process, and you can absolutely tap into your inner heart and let your words flow onto the page. In one month, you'll:
- Dive to the core of WHY you want to write.
- Rekindle your creative spark.
- Solidify your writing intentions and milestones/timelines tailored to your life.
- Develop writing skills that tap into the soul: yours and your audience's.
Includes: short readings, thought and writing exercises, group discussion, one-on-one review of your personal writing milestone plan