Date: 3/6/18 – 4/24/18
Location: Open Book-Loft Classroom
Day of the Week: Tuesday
Time: 10:00 - 12:00 pm
Class Level: Open to All Levels
Genre: Creative Nonfiction
• Regular: $1062.50
• Member: $956.25
During this 8-week course, we guide you as you write your memories, anecdotes, and family history. We help you transform your stories—combined with your family photos, memorabilia like maps and family trees, and specialized lists—into a professionally-edited, full-color book. One paragraph, one story at a time. The instructors will:
- Guide you as you write and shape your memories
- Help you collect and organize your stories
- Help you choose graphics and images (like family photos, memorabilia, maps or family trees, and specialized lists)
- Offer weekly one-on-one drop-in office hours.
- Edit and proofread your text by a professional copy editor.
- Layout and produce your final book.
The final product is a tangible, professionally-edited book you can share with your family and friends. Class will culminate in a student reading at the Loft on Sunday, May 20, 2018, at 3 p.m.
Instead of the standard 85% refund for dropping the class prior to the start of the second class meeting, student will receive a full refund minus a $75 cancellation fee. There are no refunds if dropped after the start of the second class meeting, nor transfers into a different class.