Contests and Grants
Want to submit your own writing contest or grant opportunity?
Go to our community posting page, fill out the form, and select contest or grant.
The Memoir Magazine #MeToo Trigger Warning Nonfiction Essay Contest
The Memoir Magazine #MeToo Trigger Warning Nonfiction Essay Contest.
Now open for submissions! The winning story receives $500 + publication in Memoir Magazine, and a note from our judge on why the story was chosen.
Theme: Sexual Violence and Domestic Abuse. As in, have you or someone you know survived sexual harassment, assault, rape or abuse? Perhaps you are married or related to a survivor and you’ve witnessed the emotional journey that is so rarely spoken of. If so how did it change you? How does it affect your daily life? You were strong enough to get through that, and your story matters. Why? Because Memoir is a movement. Our jam. Our way of cultivating global consciousness. And few issues today require more enlightenment than the way the pain of abuse can affect us as a person, a family, a society. Sexual violence is a public health, human rights and social justice issue. So, here’s your chance to use your voice to Change the Culture. You are not alone. Memoir Magazine stands with you! Together we can shatter the silence and end sexual violence. Your essay may be humorous, sad, upsetting. It can be one paragraph or several pages long. it’s all up to you, but most of all it should be your untold truth expressed in your unique voice.
Submit at https://memoirmag.com/contests-and-prizes/the-metoo-nonfiction-contest-500-publication-judged-by-chelsey-clammer/
- Pseudonyms are allowed.
- Submissions are now open until February 18, 2018
- 100 word min. 7000 word max
- NonFiction only
- Open to all writers. Emerging writers and underrepresented voices voices are encouraged to submit!
- $12 to enter
- Previously published work is welcome!
- Multiple and simultaneous submissions are allowed, but please notify us if your story is accepted elsewhere
- All contest entries are automatically submitted for standard nonfiction publication with editors of Memoir Magazine
"Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light." -Helen Keller