Calls for Submission
Want to Contribute Your Own Calls for Submissions?
Go to our community posting submission page and select calls for submission as your category.
New Rivers Extends Many Voices Project Submission Window
New Rivers Press is extending the submission window for the Many Voices Project contest. Originally slated to end on December 1st, the window to submit full-length prose and poetry manuscripts will be extended to December 15th, 2017.
Entry Fee: $25.00
New Submission Deadline: December 15th
Winners: A winner will be chosen for both Prose and Poetry. Each winner will recieve $1,000 and a standard New Rivers Press book contract. Each of the winning manuscripts will be published in fall 2019.
Submit using Submittable and pay the $25 entry fee. Do not include a cover sheet in the manuscript itself.
Simultaneous submissions are allowed, but notify NRP immediately of acceptance elsewhere. If you fail to give such notification and your manuscript is selected, your entry gives NRP permission to proceed with publication.
- You may acknowledge individual poems, stories, and other pieces published in magazines, anthologies, or elsewhere, but such acknowledgments or your name cannot appear in the manuscript itself, since judging is blind.
- You may submit more than one manuscript, but only if there is NO overlap in content.
- Manuscript pages must be numbered.
- DO NOT include your name, address or acknowledgments on the manuscript pages; the judging is blind.
- All of the material included in your submission must be of your own composition and free from copyright restrictions. Should you win the competition, you will be responsible for securing releases.
- Any eligible writer writing in English is eligible.
- Manuscript length: 50-90 pages.
- No more than one poem per page.