Our reviewers come endorsed by one of the leading literary organizations in the country, but each sets their own timeline and offerings. Please look through individual review pages for details on their offerings.
Once you purchase a service through our website with one of the reviewers, you will receive a notification email with further instructions. The email will be sent to the email listed in your shopping cart, so ensure that it is correct. If you do not receive this email after making the purchase, check your spam folder and Gmail tabs (like "Updates" and "Promotions" to make sure it did not get filtered. If you still don't see it, contact email@example.com.
Purchase of a Loft Manuscript Critique or Coaching Service indicates understanding and agreement with the following:
- The purchased product only includes the services promised in that listing, and does not include additional consultation (e.g. reading second drafts, additional telephone meetings not specifically listed on the product page etc.). Additional services may be negotiated on a case by case basis.
- You may submit multiple manuscripts if their combined word count is under the maximum and they are in the same genre, but please include all manuscripts to be reviewed in one email (multiple attachments are OK). If your manuscript(s) slightly exceed the maximum word count, we recommend tightening as much as possible before sending.
- You are free to email follow up questions related to specific review comments or annotations, for clarity only, preferably within one week. The reviewer will respond at their discretion.
- The promised turnaround time for feedback begins within two business days after you submit the manuscript. Projected turnaround time pertains to business days, omitting weekend and major holidays.
- If the reviewer cannot meet the promised turnaround time (plus a reasonable grace period), we will let you know, along with a projected date when you can receive your feedback. You have the option of accepting the new turnaround time (with no discount or rebate), canceling the product and receiving a refund, or transferring to a different reviewer (which may involve a partial discount or supplementary payment).
- The turnaround time applies only to the written review or annotated manuscript; additional coaching that occurs face-to-face, by telephone, or by web conference may occur after the cutoff time, depending on when it can be scheduled.
- The length of the reviewer’s reply is an estimate and may be slightly shorter or slightly longer depending on the needs of the manuscript and the issues to address.
- Reviews of manuscripts are subjective by nature. There are no refunds for feedback that you disagree with. Refunds will only be considered if the feedback does not meet reasonable standards of quality and professionalism.