Full access to the year-long Novel Writing Project or Memoir Writing Project is
- $6,950 paid in full in advance
- $7,075 on payment plan ($3,475 up front, $300 per month for twelve months)
- $6,890 Loft members, paid in full in advance
- $7,015 Loft members, on payment plan ($3,475 up front, $295 per month for twelve months)
Policies on Payments
Visiting lecturers and guests: The Loft reserves the right to substitute other writing professionals for any of the above named authors or industry professionals in the event an foreseen circumstance prevents the participation of anyone listed. There are no refunds for substituted guests. Visiting authors will either attend class in-person or via a Skype session.
Refunds for missed sessions: There are no refunds or prorated tuition available to participants who are unable to attend a class session, conference event, final reading, or scheduled one-on-one session for any reason, including illness, vacation plans, life events, etc. It is the participant’s responsibility to participate as fully as possible in all aspects of the program, obtain missed class content from Peter, and reschedule missed one-on-one sessions.
Removal of disruptive students: As with any Loft class or event, the Loft reserves the right to refuse registration or participation of anyone disruptive to the class environment or disrespectful of the teaching artist, fellow students, or an equitable learning environment for all.
Payment options: A nonrefundable $500 deposit is required at the time of registration. There are 2 payment options:
1) You may pay in full at the time of registration, for a total one time payment of $6,950, (which includes the nonrefundable $500 deposit).
2) You may opt for a payment plan: $3,475 is due at the time of registration, which includes a nonrefundable $500 deposit. 12 monthly payments of $300 will be made January-December 2018 via a credit card number given to the Loft at the time of registration. Credit card must have an expiration date beyond December, 2018. Total tuition for the program on the payment plan is $7,075. A fee of $50 will be assessed for each occurrence of a return of payment for insufficient funds.
Loft members who have contributed $60 in the past year or who are sustaining members receive a discount of $60 off either option.
Policies on Refunds
There is a nonrefundable $500 deposit required at the time of registration.
Either $6,950 (total payment) or $3,475 (payment plan) is due in full at the time of registration. If you decide not to participate once registered, you may notify the education department by calling 612-379-8999 no later than 5 p.m. Friday December 8, 2017 to receive a full refund minus the $500 deposit ($6,450 for those who paid in full, or $2,975 for those who opted for the payment plan).
If you choose not to participate and notify the education department of your intention to drop after 5 p.m. on Friday December 8, 2017 through 6 p.m. Wednesday February 7, 2018 (the start date and time of the first meeting) you will forfeit the first $3,475 of your payment. Those who paid in full will receive a $3,475 refund; the Loft will cancel the remaining payments for those on the payment plan.
There are no refunds once the first session has started on February 7; no exceptions.
There is no prorated tuition for anyone not wishing or unable to attend conference events, the final reading, all 6 one-on-one sessions, or for missed class sessions.
Any additional costs associated with participation in the Novel Writing Project are the responsibility of the participant. Some additional costs to consider may include:
- Copy fees for manuscript printing and workshopping
- Book purchases (though consider libraries and used book stores)
- Writing tools (laptop, notebooks, pens/pencils, etc)
- Transportation to the Loft
- Parking costs—there is parking available in the Open Book lot on a first come, first serve basis. If the lot is full, you will need to pay for parking at local meters or lots.