The Loft's Novel Writing Project with Peter Geye
Your novel, from first word to last—and on to market.
Led by acclaimed novelist Peter Geye, the Loft's Novel Writing Project is a year-long, intensive program designed to help you finally complete that novel.
Participation is limited to 12 people for the year that will form a close cohort of novelists. Each participant will receive:
- Registration to the Loft’s Pitch conference, April 7 and 8, 2017 featuring Lisa Lucas, Executive Director of the National Book Foundation
- Registration to the Loft’s Novel Writer’s conference April 28 and 29, 2017, featuring Angela Flournoy and Charles Baxter
- 6 one-on-one meetings with Peter Geye to consult on your individual novel project, which includes a final full manuscript critique.
- A communal writing and discussion space at Open Book, for the duration of the Novel Writing Project.
- 27 in-depth cohort classes, workshops, and discussions throughout the year.
- Class Skype or in-person visits from novelists and publishing professionals including Emily St. John Mandel, Benjamin Percy, Joseph Boyden, Sarah Stonich, and Knopf editor Gary Fisketjon.
- A final public reading (5-7 min from each reader) at the Loft on Thursday, Jan 18, 2018.
Registration for this year's project is closed.